How Community Residential Support Services are paid for

If you receive a benefit, Community Residential Support Services are paid for by you and the Ministry of Health.

  • You make a contribution of a set amount from the benefit you receive from Work and Income.
  • You’ll keep the left-over portion of your benefit (called a Personal Allowance) for your personal needs such as shampoo, magazines and postage stamps.
  • The Ministry of Health pays the remaining cost of your Community Residential Support Services.

Work and Income can tell you what the usual rates of the Personal Allowance are and the amount of the contribution you make towards the cost of your services. They can also tell you about other entitlements you may be able to receive such as the Disability Allowance.


Copyright© Disability Vehicle Association New Zealand , 2022 All Rights Reserved Powered by AFFINGER5.