Who can get Community Residential Support Services

You may be able to get Community Residential Support Services if:

  • you are a New Zealand resident
  • you're under 65 years old
  • you have a long-term intellectual, physical, or sensory disability
  • you meet the Ministry's definition of being disabled
  • a NASC has made an assessment that says your needs are best met by community residential support services
  • your disability is not covered by ACC.

If you're over 65 and you were living in community residential support service before you turned 65, you can remain there if it's assessed as appropriate.

Talk to your local Needs Assessment Service Coordination service to find out more. They’ll let you know if you meet the criteria and if a community residential support service is best for you.


Copyright© Disability Vehicle Association New Zealand , 2022 All Rights Reserved Powered by AFFINGER5.