Who can use community day programmes

The Ministry of Health funds day services for:

  • people who were deinstitutionalised under formal deinstitutionalisation plans
  • people with high and complex needs and an intellectual disability (whether or not they’re receiving care under the Intellectual Disability (Compulsory Care and Rehabilitation) Act 2003).

The Ministry of Social Development funds community participation programmes for other disabled adults. These are part of their vocational services. They’re available to working-age people with disabilities that are likely to continue for at least six months, and who aren’t receiving compensation through ACC.


Copyright© Disability Vehicle Association New Zealand , 2022 All Rights Reserved Powered by AFFINGER5.